POV (Persistence of Vision) display- A simple C++ project
This is a simple arduino C++ project I've made. This is so simple and basic, that I'm gonna keep it short.
Let me start with the components I used. The stand for the motor was made crudely with wooden planks and an iron pipe. The hardware guys did a good job for a make-shift work tho. I used a 60 cm scale for mounting the LEDs. The electronic components were:
1. Arduino Nano
2. Charging module
3. buck converters
4. Li-ion batteries
5. WS2812 neopiel LEDs(18 in number)
6. Hall effect sensor
This is the code I used uploaded on my GitHub. This is a simple C++ code that uses a Hall effect sensor to estimate the time taken for 1 revolution at each one so the time period used for further calculation is always fresh. And at each degree(computed using the time period used for one revolution), it iterates through every led on the strip and each digit on the bitmap's current row. it the digit on the led's position is a 1, it lights up and if it is a 0, it stays off.
Here are some illustrative videos of the project in action :

Comments
Post a Comment