FROM SCRATCH SERIES || CHAPTER 1: वैद्युतकषास्त्र (THE ELECTRICITY महायज्ञ) || PART 11: Electricity from Animals- The Frankenstein story

 PART 11  || Electricity from Animals- The Frankenstein story ||

The next person in our trail did something completely different and something exceptionally fascinating. The unusual nature of this guy's mention would become even more clear after I mention his profession: Physician and biologist. But to be fair, also, a physicist and also a philosopher. With the next person we move, in this study, back to Europe (😑). This man is from Bologna(Then, Papal States; now Italy): Luigi Galvani(1737 - 1798). Though this guy's work is very interesting and fascinating too, I will, for some reasons, cover it concisely here. For that reason, I am going to source wikipedia and chatGPT for this part. 

Luigi Galvani

It says that Galvani's interest in "medical electricity" came from the ongoing researches in electricity in Europe in the 18th century and also: 


Galvani is credited with the discovery of what is called "animal electricity". In 1780, using a frog, he discovered that the muscles of the dead frog's legs twitched when struck by an electrical spark. He briefly got into a controversy with Volta, about which you can read on the Wikipedia page. 

 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Lines of Code, Miles of Autonomy: The Autonomous car Project - Phase I

Capture the Flag (CTF) - The legendary event that never happened

Someone Else's sunlight